WHEN: Saturday, 26 August 2017
WHERE: Oosterlig Church (see google maps location), 469 Lea Street, corner of Judith Street,Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria
COST: No cost, no need to register, but donations will be appreciated. A light snack available at lunch time.
WHAT: The programme will start at 08:30 until 15:00 (see below)
08:30 – 09:00 Tea/Coffee
09:00 – 09:15 Welcoming
09:15 – 10:15 Session 1a, b, c
- Ray Ciervo – The Eyewitness Testimony About Jesus: Are They Trustworthy?
- Liza Bornman – Science and Faith in God: Inherent Differences and Its Implication
- Itai Chitapi – Truth, Justice and (Re)Conciliation: Challenges for the Church in South Africa
10:30 – 11:30 Session 2a, b, c
- Mathabo Baase – Does the Bible Condone Slavery?
- Herman Carstens – Persuasion, Christians and Climate Change: A Look at How Our Beliefs are Formed
- Nel Brace – Speaking of Justice: How Meaningful Without God?
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch (A light snack will be available)
12:30 – 13:30 Session 3a, b, c
- Roedolf Botha – How We Got Our Bible & Why It Is Authoritative
- Sue Dykes – Interpreting Hominin Fossils
- Afrika Mhlophe – Christianity and the Veneration of Ancestors
13:45 – 14:45 Session 4a, b, c
- Lara Buchanan – Is Christianity Sexist?
- Rudolph Boshoff – Christ In Me International: Emergence of a New Cult?
- Mahlatse Mashua – Conflict & the Challenge of Peacemaking in a Secular South Africa